HipSwap Makes Buying and Selling New and Used Goods Enjoyable, Finally
Unveils More Personalized, Curated and Social HipSwap; Officially Launches Door-to-Door Delivery on Both Coasts
for Launch.it Published On: 10.05.12 12.08 pm
HipSwap, the highly visual mobile and web marketplace for unique new and used goods, today debuted a brand new HipSwap experience, complete with new features to make it even easier to buy and sell goods online. The company also announced it now offers door-to-door delivery in Los Angeles and New York, giving buyers on both coasts the ability to quickly receive local merchandise without waiting for it to ship, or the hassle of arranging meet-ups with sellers. Delivery service will include HipSwap Saturdays, a charitable program that will enable people in Los Angeles and New York to request Saturday pickup and delivery of their items to Goodwill, free of charge.
“We want to make buying and selling unique items easy, enjoyable, and visual, both online and on mobile,” said Rob Kramer, Co-founder and CEO HipSwap. “Our buyers love the way HipSwap makes online and mobile shopping discoverable and familiar. And our sellers love how quick it is to post their items in three easy steps.”
The new HipSwap experience is:
CURATED: By presenting items in a highly visual and stylized way, HipSwap helps guide buyers through the shopping process and makes it easy to both discover and purchase. Users can also find items from their favorite celebrities, influencers and tastemakers, featured right on the HipSwap home page.
- NEW! Featured Sales: The new home page will now present one “Featured Sale” every week. Each sale is a curated grid of 24 products across one featured category, from fashion and accessories to art and home décor. Users can track upcoming sales so they are sure to never miss out on their favorite items.
PERSONALIZED: Shopping on HipSwap can be tailored based on the criteria users find most important, narrowing results by city (shopping the closets, homes and stores in their own backyard, or across the country), category of item, store/seller, or curated collection. Buyers can familiarize themselves with sellers, reviewing their bios, social media pages and followers and getting to know the stories behind the items.
- NEW! Hip or Skip: Users will now be able to curate and share their favorite HipSwap items through the new “Hip or Skip” feature on the home page. These curated and favorited items will directly influence the types of merchandise that users experience on an on-going basis. The “Hip or Skip” feature enables users to curate a customized HipSwap marketplace specifically for them.
SOCIAL: HipSwap allows users to follow favorite sellers and easily share items with friends.
- NEW! Buyer Collections: Once a user has put their stamp of approval – a “hip” – on nine or more products, they’ll be presented with their own unique curated collection to share with their social graph. Buyers can tweet a collection of their favorite designer shoes, ask their Facebook friends which print they should buy to hang on the wall of their living room, or Pin their collections on Pinterest.
EASY: HipSwap makes it easy to sell--in three simple steps--and enjoyable and familiar to buy.
- NEW! Door-to-Door Delivery, LA & NY: Adding an additional layer of familiarity and security for buyers and sellers, HipSwap now offers daily delivery in Los Angeles and New York. Instead of waiting for merchandise to ship or arranging to meet-up with the seller, shoppers on both coasts can now receive their items delivered in HipSwap’s hard-to-miss mustached pink van. The company is also launching HipSwap Saturdays, and will pick up unwanted goods from HipSwap users and deliver them to Goodwill free of charge, making it even easier for people to donate unwanted goods to charity.
- NEW! Post to Craigslist: HipSwap now enables every seller to also post his or her item to Craigslist with one click. This helps people reach the Craigslist audience with a more stylized and visual listing, by presenting similar items or collections from that seller.
“HipSwap makes it easy and enjoyable for buyers and sellers every step of the way. From the first tap of an item on their mobile phones, to door-to-door delivery of the item to a buyer's doorstep,” continued Kramer.
For more information on HipSwap and to learn how you can shop for items down the street, or shop great neighborhoods across the country, visit http://www.hipswap.com.
- Key Messages
- CURATED: By presenting items in a highly visual and stylized way, HipSwap helps guide buyers through the shopping process and makes it easy to both discover and purchase.
- SOCIAL: HipSwap allows users to follow favorite sellers and easily share items with friends.
- View Related Video